Heard him talking about this on Tirico And Van Pelt last Thursday.
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/ar.../20347380.aspx
New York Jets running back Thomas Jones is taking his love for music to the next level, with the launch of his new independent record label Outta Pocket Entertainment.
Jones, who is dating actress Meagan Good, hopes the venture will serve as a vehicle to emerge as "more than your average record label," while spotlighting genres such as pop, hip-hop and rap.
"I want to put out classic music, that individuals will appreciate for years to come, in addition to making high-quality music," said the NFL star, who was featured in rap diva Trina's video for "I Got A Thang For You" featuring Keyshia Cole.
"I want to develop and brand top artist that are not only recognized but respected all over the country," Jones stated.
Jones' label of diverse musical offerings originate from a "place where I was forced to listen to all genres of music" as he admitted to listening to "everything from rap, R&B, country, jazz, soft rock, alternative and heavy metal."
Outta Pocket Entertainment is currently preparing to unveil its first signed act in Atlanta-based pop/R&B singer Myko.
The crooner, who was introduced to Jones by label executives Latwan Wolfe and Rodney Mitchell, has caught the ears of music fans since opening for rap diva Trina, R&B artists Floetry and Bobby Valentino.
In addition, Myko has collaborated with Miami-bred emcee Rick Ross on the rapper's underground single "Spend this Bread."
"We met three years ago in Miami and I knew instantly that I wanted to invest time and finances into his singing career," Jones told AllHipHop.com. "He has great charisma, personality, and is a natural singer and songwriter. I am excited about this project and we have high expectations for Myko and Outta Pocket Entertainment."
Myko's Static Major-produced debut single, "Late Night Creep," is slated to be released in the coming weeks.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Heard him talking about this on Tirico And Van Pelt last Thursday.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
He needs to branch out with a few more TD's this year.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Yes, and he will IMO.
Glad to see him do this. He has something to fall back on.
Betty is always telling me how Thomas wants to do something else with his life after football. Like you said, something to fall back on. He wanted to use his degree but he has to many other interests....especially vehicles
I read earlier on ESPN where Jimmie Johnson will be racing in the truck series race at Bristol for a team that Randy Moss is invested in. Sounds like he is trying to find something else to get interested in imo
I think he should stick to his day job.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he should stick to his day job. </div></div>
Anyway you could not think and maybe just react?
Other than the forced to listen to part. I dont see whats wrong with him wanting to do more.
GO VOLS
I think it is a great thing and if he signs that one big artist, others will follow. Great move IMO, his football days are getting numbered with probably only a couple of good years left it him. He is already an "old man" in RB years.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is a great thing and if he signs that one big artist, others will follow. Great move IMO, his football days are getting numbered with probably only a couple of good years left it him. He is already an "old man" in RB years. </div></div>
He can't be too horribly "old"--dude's dating Meagan Good. Dude from Big Stone Gap is dating Meagan "friggin" Good. For those who don't know:
Meagan Good is hot. Even without football and the record label he's starting...he's got Meagan Good. So that's a start. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Bookmarks